Monday, February 5, 2007

Who Won the Super Bowl?

Don't tell me. I know it was the Indianapolis Colts. My friend, Danny who works at the corner deli, keeps me up to date on critical issues like this. Good ol' Danny. Plus, when I turned on my computer this morning, the first thing I saw on my browser's home page were headlines about the Colts' victory all across my screen.

But getting back to Danny, he actually won $260 on the game! Now, that makes him a winner---of sorts. He was pretty proud of himself, too. But, I remember him telling me about the party he and his girlfriend had planned for the game. When I asked Danny how the party went, he began to boast.

"Oh, we had a great time," he said. "We had about thirty people over, and we had a blast...drank beer until it was coming out of our ears."

"So, what did you eat?" I asked.

"Pizza, of course!" Danny said. "That's the only way to watch the Super Bowl. Drink beer and eat pizza."

We won't mention the name of the pizza provider at this time. They have already reaped enough profit from the largest commercialized spectacle of the year. My friend, Danny, admitted that the party cost him neary $400. It looks like the pizza maker and the beer company made out a little bit better than Danny did, especially when you multiply this case study by the millions of similar Super Bowl celebrations - some smaller and quite a few, much, much grander in size.

We're getting to the point here. Yes, the Colts won the contest between two football teams, but the largest winners are the affiliates (corporations) that knew how to promote their products and services, before, during and after the game. I have watched how companies, large and small, use an important medium to leverage their marketing strategies. The Super Bowl is a classic example.

In reality, the TV network that sold the air-time to the beer company (for $1.2 million per minute), and the beer company that turned around and merchandized millions of cases of beer in every city in the United States, and the stores that sold the beer to consumers are the big winners.

The affiliate marketing strategies of these mega-corporations and local merchants are great examples of how independent entrepreneurs can leverage their business plans. The financial scale is different. Nothing else. One affiliate marketing bonanza that I believe is poised to hit the screens is Search Big Daddy, a fresh, new Internet marketing enterprise that every serious business owner should pay attention to. One of its key features is based on the use of keywords as a commodity. This business opportunity just might be another tidal wave of the future.

To get a first hand glimpse of this clever online operation, please visit Search Bid Daddy via the following link:

http://www.bigdaddypays.com/equityhawks

Success to you!

Hawk

No comments: